PURPOSE: In support of activities and initiatives that expose and enlighten the public to the art and practice of falconry; its present and historical practice, negligible impact on wildlife populations and many positive effects.
Initiate a partnership with the Boy Scouts of America and other scouting organizations to create a “Falconry Merit Badge,” wherein scouts demonstrate working knowledge of related falconry species, equipment, medical care, good stewardship and basic legal/regulatory language in their state
Model or partner with the existing national “Envirothon” program (supporting education to high school aged children about the “diverse environmental issues, ecosystems, and topography” of North America.
Fund on an annual granting RFP basis:
- University science programs related to graduate degrees in raptor conservation and the habitats utilized by raptors
- Individuals and organizations that promote raptor educational programs (e.g. kindergarten to university) across Canada, Mexico and the United States.
- Create a “Raptor Award” or similar annual recognition to acknowledge individuals who have made a significant contribution to the conservation of raptor species, their individual well-being (e.g., through improved husbandry technique), or advancing the future of falconry
Fund a robust and professional multi-media public relations effort to educate about falconry to a mass audience, via:
- High quality videos on falconry for YouTube and other internet sites
- “Ted Talk” style lectures
- Commercial quality websites featuring text, images and interactive components showing falconry in an accurate and favorable light
- Contracted copywriting that supports a positive impression of falconry in print journals and newspapers nationwide